Barry’s Skip Hire has been in the business of recycling and sustainability since 1974 (before it was fashionable). We take our responsibility towards the environment very seriously and accordingly have in place a number of processes that ensure we treat the environment with care and respect. These include:
- Utilising well-developed processes within our business to recycle as much material as possible that our clients have thrown away – we now recycle 100% of all waste that we collect!
- Ensuring we have well maintained, up-to-date wagons that are more fuel efficient
- Ensuring we have well maintained, up-to-date plant that are more fuel efficient and process waste into our yard more efficiently
- Operating a ‘reduce, recycle and re-use’ policy throughout our business – in the yard, workshops and offices as well as on the road – to keep waste to an absolute minimum
- Providing our customers with advice and guidance about how they can recycle for themselves (thereby, interestingly enough, using our services less)
- By using ‘AdBlue’ in our diesel engine motor vehicles we are able to improve their fuel efficiency and reduce the emission of oxides of nitrogen
- Planning the ‘pick-up’ and ‘drop-off’ of our skips carefully to reduce mileage, fuel use and emissions
- Constantly monitoring all of our operations to see if there are ways we can reduce waste, improve efficiency and save you and us money
None of this is rocket science, just sensible steps that we take to ensure we our environment with the utmost respect.
If you live in Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Wirral, St Helens or Halton and you need to hire a skip, give us a call today on 0151 933 0308 and see how skip hire should be done.